WD Red & Red Pro NAS HDD
Designed and Optimized for NAS Compatibility
WD Red Provides Storage Compatible with Leading NAS Systems
With drives up to 10TB, the WD Red series offers a wide array of solutions for customers looking to build a high performing NAS storage solution. WD Red drives are built for up to 8-bay NAS systems, and pack the power to store your precious data in one powerhouse unit. Increase the efficiency and productivity of your business with WD Red Pro drives, available for up to 24-bay NAS systems.
PC drives aren’t typically tested or designed for the rigors of a NAS system. Do right by your NAS and choose the drive with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance.
The Drive For NAS
Tested with a wide range of NAS systems for optimum performance and compatibility
Designed to operate in the always-on environment of a NAS or RAID configuration
Capacities up to 10TB allow the flexibility to build the optimal NAS solution
- Engineered specifically for surveillance security systems.
- Supports up to 360 TB/yr workload rate1
- Tuned for write-intensive, low bit-rate, high stream-count applications typical to most surveillance applications
- Prioritized write-operations for maximized surveillance performance
- TLER & ATA streaming support
- Support for more than eight bays2
Applications and Workload
- Up to 8-bay NAS Systems (WD Red)
- Medium to Large NAS environments up to 24 bay (WD Red Pro)
- RAID Configurations
|WD Red 2.5"||WD Red 3.5"||WD Red Pro 3.5"|
|Form Factor||2.5", 9.5mm||3.5"||3.5"|
|Rotational speed (RPM)||5400||5400||7200|
|Interface||SATA 6GB/s||SATA 6GB/s||SATA 6GB/s
|Limited Warranty||3 years||3 years||5 years|